21 Mar, 2022
Kaziranga Tiger Reserve Saw a Tremendous Rise in Tourist Footfall in the Last 12 Years
Assam’s most popular wildlife destination, Kaziranga National Park has reached new heights in terms of wildlife tourism. According to the park authorities, there is a tremendous rise in tourist footfall in the last 12 years. It received over 2 lakh visitors which was the highest in the last 12 years. Not only there is an increase in tourist footfall but also the park’s revenue also topped up the charts. It crossed around a total of 4.5 crores.
Kaziranga Park in Assam is one of the best places to enjoy wildlife in Assam and with the rise of tourist footfall, it is proved that it is the most preferred destination for tourist in Assam. According to the Park officials a total of 2,20,027 lakh Indian visitors and 733 foreign visitors has visited this UNESCO World Heritage Site for a thrilling wildlife vacation.
The deadly disease of Covid 19 had created so much dip in the last 2 years but now the relaxations has helped in increasing the tourism of the park. According to the Divisional Forest officer, Ramesh Gogoi, more tourists have visited Kaziranga Tiger Reserve this year compared to the last year.
Over 2.20 lakh tourists have visited the Kaziranga National Park in 2021-22 so far and this is the highest number of tourists visiting the park. We have so far collected revenue of Rs 4.47 crore from tourists,” Gogoi told ANI.
The Kaziranga Tiger Reserve will be open till May month and the average footfall is expected to be even higher.
Kaziranga News Inputs
You May Also Like to Read:
- Popular Kaziranga Wildlife Tours
- Best Tourist Attractions to Visit in Kaziranga National Park
- Watch Video: Beautiful Scene of Mama Elephant Feeding Her Baby Captured in Kaziranga National Park
- Kaziranga National Park- The First Park in India to have Satellite Phones to Stop Poaching
- Fascinating Facts About Kaziranga National Park You Didn’t Know
- Importance of the Conservation of Greater One-Horned Rhinos
- The 20 Best Wildlife Resorts and Hotels in Kaziranga National Park
- 10 Reasons to Visit Kaziranga Tiger Reserve
- Swamp Deer Census in Kaziranga National Park and Adjoining Areas After Three Years