14 Sep, 2020
Kaziranga Park Opens, Now You Can Enjoy a Wildlife Safari in the Park
If you have missed the excitement of watching the gigantic one horned rhino, majestic Royal Bengal and the dense grasslands of Kaziranga, take notice! After being closed for a long time due to COVID-19, Kaziranga National Park in Assam, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, has opened its gates to tourists, who can now visit the park and enjoy a wildlife safari. However, new guidelines will be in place, which both the staff and the tourists will have to strictly observe at all times.
Well, this is great news for all those who have been wanting to visit the park but have been unable to do so for quite some time. However, it should be remembered that while visiting the park, you will have to observe certain COVID-19 guidelines, for your safety as well as those around you.
COVID-19 guidelines to be followed in Kaziranga
Some of the post COVID-19 guidelines to be observed by the tourists at Kaziranga National Park:
- Wearing a mask and maintaining social distancing at all times is necessary.
- Tourists should ensure that they sanitise their hands while entering and exiting the safari vehicle.
- Spitting is completely prohibited.
- Tourists should be responsible and wash their hands in accordance with WHO guidelines after using public places like toilets.
Some of the post COVID-19 guidelines to be observed by the Kaziranga National Park are:
- Safari vehicles will run at 50% of their usual capacity.
- Drivers and guides should ensure that they wear masks and face shields at all times.
- All vehicles entering the park will be sanitised thoroughly.
- Vehicle tyre baths with the appropriate disinfectant shall be installed at all the entry points.
- All safari vehicles will be sanitised before entering the safari zones.
Facilities to be provided by the Hotels/Resorts at Kaziranga National Park
Some of the safety facilities which will be provided to guests by the hotels/resorts at Kaziranga National Park are:
- Sanitisers will always be available at the reception.
- Surfaces like doorknobs to handles and benches, will be regularly disinfected.
- Medical assistance will be provided in cases of emergency.
- Luggage will be sanitised thoroughly before being sent to the luggage area.
- Alcohol based sanitisers will be placed at regular intervals in the hotels/resorts.
- Excellent cleanliness will be maintained at all times, from bedrooms to washrooms.
With so many precautions and safety guidelines in place, you can be assured of having a safe visit to the Kaziranga National Park. Be it the wildlife staff at the park, or the hotels/resorts, everybody will be adhering strictly to the post COVID-19 rules and regulations, so there is no reason to be apprehensive of anything. Just observe all the precautions, and have an enjoyable time at Kaziranga.