NGT Asks for a Detailed Report About Animals Died Due to Traffic in Kaziranga
Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 08:12:22 by Admin
NGT (National Green Tribunal) has asked the Assam Government to provide a detailed project report (DPR) about the exact number of animals that have died due to traffic movement on National Highway-37, which pass through the home of the famous one-horned rhinos. A bench headed by the NGT chairman Justice Swatanter Kumar has even asked the Assam Government to speed up the process of installing the sensor-operated automatic traffic barriers in the different parts of the park to avoid deaths. NGT’s direction to create the detailed project report (DPR) came during the hearing on a plea filed by environmentalist Rohit Choudhury opposing the expansion of NH-37 which passes from Jakhalabandha to Bokakhat through the Kaziranga Park.
The Bench said that the state government would produce original records before the Tribunal on September 30. Documents related to steps that have been taken for installation of sensor barriers would be also presented. The report would include information about how many vehicles with interceptor speed sensors have been installed and deployed mainly in the Kaziranga National Park and how many challans were effected from the date of directions till today.
On the issue of detailed project report (DPR), NGT has further stated that the report would be prepare in consultation with Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun.
You may also like to read:
- Makeshift Paddock for Rhino Calves Rescued from Kaziranga National Park
- Center to Grant Support to Build-Up Rhino Protection Force
- 10 Reasons to Visit Kaziranga National Park
- Complete Guide to Top Hotels & Resorts in Kaziranga
- Kaziranga Jungle Safari Timing
- Wildlife Species in Kaziranga
- Popular Holiday Packages for Kaziranga Wildlife Reserve
- Special Force Appointed 90 Youths as Constables for the Security of Rhinos and Other Wild Animals by Assam Government
- Kaziranga at the Risk of Losing its Corridors due to Mining
Plan your trip with us!